What if we told you that eating organic food will increase the chances of your pregnancy?
Nowadays, everything we eat has some forms of toxins in it to kill the insects and germs. Right from the water we drink to the meat we eat, whatever food we put in have toxins that slowly affects the metabolism of the body, including the sperms and egg production.
While one may say that eating organic food can improve the chances of pregnancy, if you see more correctly, eating pesticide-treated food has been one of the reasons for the swift fall in the fertility rates among both men and women.
A new study by Harvard researchers found that women who regularly ate pesticide-treated food have lower rates of success in their IVF treatments while women who ate organic food were found to have increased fertility and better chances at pregnancy.
This comes at the time when the total fertility rate worldwide is found to have been halved in the last 50 years. While lifestyle changes are making a huge contribution in this shift, the intake of food also seems to have a strong influence over the problems associated with infertility.
It is time to go back to our roots and start embracing natural food and eat it the way it was supposed to, in the first place.
How Important Is Organic Food For Fertility?
- Do you know that food that contains pesticides takes a toll on the liver eventually? Liver has to detoxify the pesticides we consume, and over a period of time, it adds more stress and tires it out which leads to the inability to balance hormones thereby contributing to infertility problems.
- Men who consume food with pesticides are 10 times more likely to have low sperm count and further poor sperm quality, according to a recent survey conducted in Europe and U.S.
- Pesticides also contribute to hormonal imbalances that can disrupt or weaken the production of hormones in both men and women, thus giving rise to lesser chances of pregnancy.
- The meat and poultry are given synthetic hormones to fatten them up and when we consume these kinds of food, we are indirectly consuming the harmful toxins into our body, which over a period of time, causes infertility issues.
- These chemical pesticides present in food that we eat during pregnancy can give rise to disorders like birth defects, premature baby or children with autism. Hence for a healthier baby, organic food is the better way to go.
- Organic food has higher antioxidant levels and that is important because, antioxidants are found to protect the DNA inside the cells which is necessary for better chances of conceiving and a healthy pregnancy.
8 Ways To Achieve Pregnancy With Organic Food
- If you have decided to go completely organic, then you will need to start planning your diet differently. Have a clear idea of your diet instead of just randomly going with the flow. This will help to discipline your mind and body and also to keep stock of the organic food needed to cook.
- One of the main reasons that hold back people from buying organic food is the higher cost involved. For that, you can start buying the seasonal organic fruits and vegetables which will be at a lower cost.
- Depending on the place you are in, you can start cultivating some fruits and vegetables at your home like chilli, curry leaves, coriander leaves, tomato, brinjal, bananas, coconuts, etc.
- Look for any discounts or mela at organic stores nearby. This is the right time to stock up all the food items which have a longer shelf life.
- Opt for organic meat, eggs and milk as the commercially available normal meat and eggs are a major source of artificial chemicals.
- If you know someone from farming background, or still have your contacts from your native village, you can ask them to cultivate grains organically for you and buy it from then in large quantities at a much cheaper cost.
- It will be difficult to drastically changeover to organic food. But you can start gradually with some organic fruits and vegetables, and then include organic grains too. This will at least neutralize the effects of the pesticides from affecting your fertility even more.
- When you are still half and half on organic food for fertility, you can soak the pesticide-treated food in water with salt crystals for around 10 to 15 minutes to reduce the intensity of the pesticides as much as you can.
Incrementally, start cutting down the pesticide-filled food you consume and slowly start including the organic food. And over a period of time, you can see a visible difference in your health. You can observe that food made with organic products will be tastier too!
Go organic and bring back the fertility that you always possessed!
Have you already been eating organic food? If not, what’s your take on this?
Tags: causes of infertility Causes of PCOD fertility food food intake Infertility infertility tests infertility treatment IVF IVF food Male infertility Ovulation PCOD